Marietta Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys
Our Trial Attorneys Have a Proven Track Record
When people are given the privilege of driving it is an understood responsibility that they have a reasonable duty of care to follow when driving. Part of that duty of care includes not operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol. When people get hurt due to the negligence of others, the injured parties have the right to pursue financial compensation for the damage.
At The Kalka Law Group, we know the difference that having an experienced lawyer on your side can have in your case. Our team of Marietta accident lawyers have over 30 years of combined experience in the field of personal injury.
Together, our founding attorneys have the following awards & accolades:
- Selected as Clients' Choice Personal Injury Attorneys on Avvo®
- Millions of dollars in recovery for our clients
- Anthony Kalka included in The National Trial Lawyers "Top 40 under 40"
- Included in the list of Georgia's Top 100 Lawyers
- Attorney Kalka has been included in Georgia's Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star℠ and Georgia's Super Lawyers®
- Named to Georgia Trend's Legal Elite
- 10.0 Superb rated on Avvo
Contact an experienced drunk driving accident lawyer in Marietta today at (678) 270-2377 for more information.
Obtaining Compensation for Your Drunk Driving Accident Claim
Many victims of drunk driving accidents feel comforted by the fact that the drunk driver will be criminally charged but it is important to note that criminal cases and civil cases are different. While the criminal case is designed to penalize the criminal, it does nothing to help the victim. That must be pursued through a civil claim.
At The Kalka Law Group, we are invested in representing victims of negligent and reckless driving accidents. When you enlist the help of our experienced Marietta accident attorneys, you can feel confident that we will do everything in our power to pursue maximum compensation on your behalf.
When you need the representation of someone who can fight for your rights, our attorneys at The Kalka Law Group fit the bill. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
What Can Accident Compensation Cover?
The financial amount recovered through a personal injury claim can cover:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Decrease in quality of life
- General pain & suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Punitive damages
How Different Levels of BAC Affect a Driver
- 0.02-0.03% BAC: slight feelings of euphoria, mildly relaxed with little to no loss of coordination.
- 0.04-0.07% BAC: minor impairment of memory, reasoning, and emotions intensified. Inhibitions lowered and a sensation of warmth. Overall sense of euphoria coupled by psychomotor impairment. Eyes will not move as quickly and peripheral vision impaired.
- 0.08 – 0.10% BAC: legally impaired. Speech is slurred and balance significantly affected. Reduced information processing for signal detection, visual searches, and short-term memory loss.
- .15% and above: possible vomiting and major loss of balance. Substantial impairment in vehicle control and attention to driving tasks.
It is imperative that you call the police to the scene of your accident so that they can record the actions of all parties involved. They can adequately assess whether or not the other driver had been drinking and even test their BAC level to use as evidence later on in your case.
Statute of Limitations for Your Claim
In the state of Georgia, there is a two year time limit from the date of the injury that the victim of the car accident has to file a civil claim. After the two year date has passed, any claim that they may try to file will be dismissed and the injured will not be able to pursue any further action.
You have nothing to lose by calling our Marietta auto accident attorneys for a free consultation of your case. Our attorneys are esteemed throughout the state for their hard work, dedication, and compassionate approach with every client.
About Georgia’s Dram Shop Law
If alcohol was involved in causing a car accident, the injured victims may not only seek compensation from the person who was driving while intoxicated, but also the third-party who provided alcohol to the driver. In Georgia, the “dram shop” law also holds social hosts liable for drunk driving accidents -- also known as “social host” liability.
According to Georgia law, a person who was injured in a car accident involving a drunk driver may hold a vendor of alcohol (such as a bar, restaurant, or liquor store) liable in circumstances where:
- The vendor “willfully, knowingly, and unlawfully” served alcohol to a person under the age of 21 or “knowingly” served alcohol to a person who is in a “state of noticeable intoxication” and,
- The vendor knows that the minor or intoxicated person will be driving a motor vehicle soon.
“Social host” liability works the same way as dram shop law, but instead of holding vendors liable, it holds social hosts liable for the damages of a drunk driving car accident.
If you or someone you loved was injured in a drunk driving accident in Georgia that involved a vendor of alcohol or host of an event, it is possible that you have a case and may hold them liable for damages. Reach out to a seasoned Marietta drunk driving accident lawyer at The Kalka Law Group and discuss what happened during a free initial consultation. We are backed by decades of experience and are ready to help you understand your options.
Let us help you get the compensation you deserve, contact our offices today at (678) 270-2377!
$11 Million Rear End Collision
$3.6 Million Drunk Driving Accident
$2.3 Million Failure to Maintain
$2.3 Million Charter Bus Accident With Severe Injuries
$1.9 Million Fatal Truck Accident
“Amazing Law Firm Goes Above and Beyond” - Jeremy
“Amazing Job!!!!” - Angelique Turner
“Amazing Job!!!!” - Angelique Turner
“Every other Lawyer gave me the run around...stop searching. Pick Matthew Broun” - Kristina R
“I am truly lucky, lucky to survive a semi truck and lucky to have found you guys!!” - Kelly Youssef
“Best law firm in Atlanta ” - Kytonia
“Best law firm in Atlanta ” - Kytonia R.
“Very professional attorney's ” - Rodney
“Their preparation was absolutely impeccable. Never have I seen a case handled and prepared for better.” - Wayne Koral
“I would recommend this firm without a doubt; Caroline and her team are very professional.” - Dobson Collins
Nationally Recognized by Legal Organizations
Perfect 10.0 Rating on Avvo
Included in U.S. News - Best Lawyers®
Selected for Inclusion in Super Lawyers®
Millions of Dollars in Settlements Recovered
You Pay Nothing Unless We Win