MARIETTA BICYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER
FIGHTING FOR INJURED CYCLISTS ACROSS COBB COUNTY
If you or someone you love were injured in a bicycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation.
Georgia law protects victims of negligence by allowing them to bring civil lawsuits against parties they claim are responsible. When successful, these lawsuits can hold at-fault parties liable for your losses and help you secure the financial recovery you deserve.
The Kalka Law Group is an award-winning trial practice dedicated solely to helping victims seek justice in personal injury and wrongful death cases. Our Marietta bicycle accident attorneys are available to review your case and discuss how we can help.
WHY CHOOSE OUR TEAM?
The Kalka Law Group is led by Tony Kalka, an award-winning trial lawyer and former insurance defense attorney who leverages his insight to help plaintiffs who’ve suffered all types of preventable injuries. Thanks to Mr. Kalka’s unique background, we know the strategies insurance companies use in their attempts to pay victims as little as possible, and how to produce winning results.
Since our founding, we’ve been trusted by clients and colleagues across Cobb County because we know how to win when it matters most.
- We’ve recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
- Our lawyers have more than 30 years of collective experience.
- We’re led by a former insurance defense attorney who knows the “other side.”
- We handle cases on contingency – if we don’t win, you don’t pay.
If you or your loved one were hurt in a bicycle accident in Marietta or a surrounding community in Cobb County, we want to help. Call (404) 529-9371 or contact us online for a FREE consultation.
MARIETTA BICYCLE ACCIDENT STATISTICS
According to the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, bicyclists and pedestrians comprise less than 1% of all individuals involved in motor vehicle crashes, but account for 19% of all traffic fatalities. Here is some additional data from the 2020 Georgia Traffic Safety Facts report:
- Statewide, there were 32 bicyclist fatalities in 2020, an increase from 21 fatalities in 2019.
- Of all bicycle crashes, 15% resulted in at least one bicyclist that was seriously or fatally injured.
- 716 bicyclists required emergency medical services following reported crashes.
- Riders between the ages of 55-64 had the highest rate of serious injuries and fatalities, while riders ages 10 to 14 had the highest rate of trauma care.
The GTSF report also shows where bicycle accidents are most common. According to the data:
- The bicyclist crash rate is highest in urban counties like Cobb County, which tied for the county with the most bicycle crashes resulting in serious injuries or fatalities in 2020.
- 62% of bicycle crashes occurred at intersections.
- 17% of all bicyclist crashes were hit-and-runs.
- 72% of bicyclist crashes occurred during daylight conditions.
- 31% of bicyclist crashes occurred in the fall months.
DETERMINING FAULT: NEGLIGENCE IN BICYCLE ACCIDENT CLAIMS
In Georgia, victims injured by negligence are entitled to a financial recovery of their damages. To prevail in a personal injury or wrongful death claim filed over a bicycle accident, you must be able to prove that another party (or parties) was negligent in causing your injuries. In other words, you need to show that a defendant failed to uphold their duty of care.
At The Kalka Law Group, we dedicate extensive resources to investigating clients’ accidents and gathering the evidence to prove fault. Depending on the circumstances, this may involve:
- Reviewing police reports
- Accident reconstruction
- Interviewing witnesses
- Consulting with relevant experts
- Discovery and depositions
Given that many bicycle accidents are caused by a negligent motorist, we also closely evaluate whether drivers violated traffic laws or otherwise failed to uphold their obligation to safely operate a vehicle. Some examples of the things we look for:
- Failure to yield the right-of-way to cyclists