Marietta Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Fighting for Injured Cyclists Across Cobb County
If you or someone you love were injured in a bicycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation.
Georgia law protects victims of negligence by allowing them to bring civil lawsuits against parties they claim are responsible. When successful, these lawsuits can hold at-fault parties liable for your losses and help you secure the financial recovery you deserve.
The Kalka Law Group is an award-winning trial practice dedicated solely to helping victims seek justice in personal injury and wrongful death cases. Our Marietta bicycle accident attorneys are available to review your case and discuss how we can help.
Why Choose Our Team?
The Kalka Law Group is led by Tony Kalka, an award-winning trial lawyer and former insurance defense attorney who leverages his insight to help plaintiffs who’ve suffered all types of preventable injuries. Thanks to Mr. Kalka’s unique background, we know the strategies insurance companies use in their attempts to pay victims as little as possible, and how to produce winning results.
Since our founding, we’ve been trusted by clients and colleagues across Cobb County because we know how to win when it matters most.
- We’ve recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
- Our lawyers have more than 30 years of collective experience.
- We’re led by a former insurance defense attorney who knows the “other side.”
- We handle cases on contingency – if we don’t win, you don’t pay.
If you or your loved one were hurt in a bicycle accident in Marietta or a surrounding community in Cobb County, we want to help. Call (678) 270-2377 or contact us online for a FREE consultation.
Marietta Bicycle Accident Statistics
According to the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, bicyclists and pedestrians comprise less than 1% of all individuals involved in motor vehicle crashes, but account for 19% of all traffic fatalities. Here is some additional data from the 2020 Georgia Traffic Safety Facts report:
- Statewide, there were 32 bicyclist fatalities in 2020, an increase from 21 fatalities in 2019.
- Of all bicycle crashes, 15% resulted in at least one bicyclist that was seriously or fatally injured.
- 716 bicyclists required emergency medical services following reported crashes.
- Riders between the ages of 55-64 had the highest rate of serious injuries and fatalities, while riders ages 10 to 14 had the highest rate of trauma care.
The GTSF report also shows where bicycle accidents are most common. According to the data:
- The bicyclist crash rate is highest in urban counties like Cobb County, which tied for the county with the most bicycle crashes resulting in serious injuries or fatalities in 2020.
- 62% of bicycle crashes occurred at intersections.
- 17% of all bicyclist crashes were hit-and-runs.
- 72% of bicyclist crashes occurred during daylight conditions.
- 31% of bicyclist crashes occurred in the fall months.
Determining Fault: Negligence in Bicycle Accident Claims
In Georgia, victims injured by negligence are entitled to a financial recovery of their damages. To prevail in a personal injury or wrongful death claim filed over a bicycle accident, you must be able to prove that another party (or parties) was negligent in causing your injuries. In other words, you need to show that a defendant failed to uphold their duty of care.
At The Kalka Law Group, we dedicate extensive resources to investigating clients’ accidents and gathering the evidence to prove fault. Depending on the circumstances, this may involve:
- Reviewing police reports
- Accident reconstruction
- Interviewing witnesses
- Consulting with relevant experts
- Discovery and depositions
Given that many bicycle accidents are caused by a negligent motorist, we also closely evaluate whether drivers violated traffic laws or otherwise failed to uphold their obligation to safely operate a vehicle. Some examples of the things we look for:
- Failure to yield the right-of-way to cyclists
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Improper turning, backing, signaling, or misjudged clearance
- Speeding and unsafe lane changes
- Drugged or drunk driving
- Roadway defects, including improper signage, overgrown vegetation, etc.
Examples of Our Results
The Kalka Law Group has recovered millions in verdicts and settlements for clients across Cobb County and the state of Georgia. Some examples of our results:
- $11 million for a client who was paralyzed after being rear-ended by a cement truck.
- $3.6 million for a client who suffered a brain injury after being struck by a drunk driver. The settlement was secured against both the driver and the restaurant that served him.
- $2.25 million for a client and his wife after he suffered multiple injuries in a crash involving a charter bus on the I-75 in Cobb County.
- $1.75 million recovery against the employer of a drunk driver who injured our client while driving a company vehicle.
- $301,000 policy limits settlement for a cyclist who suffered a neck injury when he was struck head on by another cyclist travelling on the wrong side of the road.
- Policy limits settlement for the family of a young boy who was tragically killed when he was struck by a motorist on his bicycle.
- Confidential settlement for a cyclist struck by a car on Ponce De Leon Avenue in Fulton County.
- Confidential settlement for a bicyclist struck by a hit-and-run driver on Alcovy St. in Walton County. Our client suffered road rash, a broken ankle, and a fractured wrist.
- Confidential settlement for a bicyclist struck by a hit-and-run driver on Peachtree Road in Fulton County. The Kalka Law Group used CCTV footage to prove client was struck by a drive who fled the scene and secure a recovery from the client’s own insurance policy.
Call For a FREE Consultation: (678) 270-2377
The Kalka Law Group is comprised of proven personal injury lawyers who have years of experience helping bicycle accident victims and families fight for justice. If you have questions about a case and how we can help, contact us to request a FREE consultation with a Marietta bicycle accident lawyer.
$11 Million Rear End Collision
$3.6 Million Drunk Driving Accident
$2.3 Million Failure to Maintain
$2.3 Million Charter Bus Accident With Severe Injuries
$1.9 Million Fatal Truck Accident
“Amazing Law Firm Goes Above and Beyond” - Jeremy
“Amazing Job!!!!” - Angelique Turner
“Amazing Job!!!!” - Angelique Turner
“Every other Lawyer gave me the run around...stop searching. Pick Matthew Broun” - Kristina R
“I am truly lucky, lucky to survive a semi truck and lucky to have found you guys!!” - Kelly Youssef
“Best law firm in Atlanta ” - Kytonia
“Best law firm in Atlanta ” - Kytonia R.
“Very professional attorney's ” - Rodney
“Their preparation was absolutely impeccable. Never have I seen a case handled and prepared for better.” - Wayne Koral
“I would recommend this firm without a doubt; Caroline and her team are very professional.” - Dobson Collins
Nationally Recognized by Legal Organizations
Perfect 10.0 Rating on Avvo
Included in U.S. News - Best Lawyers®
Selected for Inclusion in Super Lawyers®
Millions of Dollars in Settlements Recovered
You Pay Nothing Unless We Win