Accidents in Georgia hold significant implications, as they underscore the importance of road safety and the need for vigilant measures. According to data released by the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT), the year 2020 witnessed a staggering total of 331,796 car crashes. Among these, 1,588 collisions proved fatal, illustrating the potential for devastating outcomes on the state’s roadways. Furthermore, the impact of accidents extended beyond the loss of life, as GDOT data indicated that an additional approximately 125,000 accidents led to varying degrees of injuries.
Each of these incidents, whether resulting in fatalities or injuries, carries substantial weight in emphasizing the urgency of implementing robust safety measures and regulations. In response to these accidents, the corresponding police reports serve as vital documentation, aiding in understanding the circumstances, attributing responsibility, and facilitating corrective actions. Thus, the combination of accident statistics and associated police reports serves as a crucial foundation for addressing road safety concerns and striving for a safer driving environment in Georgia. However, obtaining copies of these crucial police accident reports can often pose a challenge due to their limited accessibility. For your benefit, the Marietta and Cobb County car accident litigation experts we have researched and obtained all the information to find and obtain a copy of Cobb County accident reports.
How Do I Get a Cobb County Accident Report Online?
It is a common question we hear! Here’s how to get a Cobb County, Georgia accident report online by following these steps:
- Begin by visiting the reports page on the official Cobb County government website.
- Navigate to the “Police 2 Citizen” section.
- Ensure that your pop-up blocker is disabled to allow the necessary interactions.
- On the left-hand side of the main page, locate and click on the “Crash Reports” link.
- If a Disclaimer or any other pop-up notification appears, take a moment to read it thoroughly. Then, proceed to click the button indicating acceptance or agreement.
- Once the form is displayed, input the relevant information into the designated boxes. This may include details like the date, location, and parties involved in the accident.
- With the information entered, click the “Search” button located at the bottom of the form.
- You should then see a PDF icon displayed. Click on this icon to access, view, and print the accident report.
By following these steps, you can efficiently obtain a Cobb County police accident report online, allowing you to access crucial information regarding the incident in a convenient and accessible manner. Please contact Kalka Law Firm for further assistance or give us a call at (404)529-9371 today!
How To Get A Cob County Crash Report by Mail
To obtain a copy of a Cobb County police accident report by mail, you can follow these simple steps:
- Begin by filling out the Cobb County Police Records Request Form that includes your contact information, the date and location of the accident, as well as any other pertinent details.
- Along with your request, include a legible copy of a valid form of identification. This can be a driver’s license, state ID, or any other official identification document.
- Prepare a self-addressed stamped envelope to ensure the return of the requested report to your address.
- Address your envelope to the following recipient:
Cobb County Police Department Central Records
545 S. Fairground Street
Marietta, GA 30060
- Place your written request, copy of identification, and self-addressed stamped envelope in the addressed envelope.
- Ensure that the envelope is properly sealed and has the correct postage.
- Mail the envelope to the provided address.
By following these steps, you can request a copy of a Cobb County police accident report by mail, facilitating the process of obta