Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Marietta
Millions Recovered for Injured Motorcyclists
Motorcyclists face many challenges when sharing the road with cars and trucks, which is why riders rely on motorists to uphold their duties to drive safely. Unfortunately, motorists who fail to devote the care and caution required for safe driving injure and kill thousands of motorcyclists each year.
If you or someone you love were harmed in a motorcycle accident in Cobb County or anywhere in Georgia, you may have the right to take legal action. Our award-winning attorneys at The Kalka Law Group can help you take the next steps.
Why Choose Our Firm?
The Kalka Law Group is dedicated solely to fighting for plaintiffs in personal injury and wrongful death cases, including those involving motor vehicle and motorcycle accidents. Some reasons why we’re trusted by colleagues and clients across the state:
- Attorneys Named to Georgia Super Lawyers.
- Millions of dollars recovered for accident victims.
- Over 30 years of collective experience.
- Contingency fees – if we don’t win, you don’t pay.
Our Marietta motorcycle accident lawyers offer FREE and confidential consultations. To discuss your case at no cost, call (678) 270-2377 or contact us online.
Georgia Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Motorcyclists have little protection against the motor vehicles around them, which is why they’re overrepresented in traffic crash data. According to the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, motorcycles represent just 2% of all registered vehicles in Georgia, but account for 21% of all driver fatalities.
Here’s some additional data from the Georgia Traffic Safety Facts report for 2020:
- In 2020, there were 192 motorcyclist fatalities in Georgia, the most in the past decade and a 13% increase from 2019.
- There were 834 suspected serious injuries, an 18% increase from 2019.
- Cobb County had the second most fatal and serious injury motorcycle crashes in the state (63).
- Of the 3,786 crashes that involved motorcyclists, 58% were multi-vehicle crashes, 40% were single-vehicle crashes, and 2% were multiple-motorcycle crashes.
- 62% of motorcyclist serious injuries and 66% of motorcyclist fatalities occurred in multi-vehicle crashes (crashes involving other non-motorcycle vehicles).
- Most motorcycle crashes occur in north Georgia and the Atlanta metro area.
- Motorcyclists ages 25-to-34 years have the highest rates of serious injuries, EMS transports, trauma care, ER visits, and hospitalizations compared to motorcyclists in other age groups.
Who is Liable for My Motorcycle Crash?
In personal injury cases, victims (plaintiffs) bring claims against individuals or entities (defendants) they allege to have caused their accidents and injuries. When successful, defendants can be held liable (financially responsible) for the damages suffered by plaintiffs.
In these cases, proving fault and liability is the main objective – and it’s a goal that requires a great deal of work. At The Kalka Law Group, we leverage decades of experience to help clients investigate their accidents and gather the evidence to prove liability. This may involve:
- Reviewing police reports and medical records
- Accident reconstruction and investigation
- Collaboration with relevant experts
- Discovery and depositions
- Settlement negotiations and litigation
Every case is unique, which is why the best way to evaluate who to name as a defendant in your case is to have it reviewed by an experienced attorney. As a firm that has handled many motorcycle accident claims, we can provide some examples of potential defendants:
- Negligent motorists who fail to yield, make unsafe lane changes, or violate other traffic laws.
- Trucking companies that employ negligent truck drivers who injure motorcyclists when making wide turns, changing lanes, and executing other unsafe driving behaviors.
- Manufacturers, distributors, and / or retailers responsible for defective products, motorcycles, or motorcycle parts.
- Government entities that operate public buses or other transit involved in accidents.
- Premises owners that failed to address or fix unreasonable property hazards.
How Much is My Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit Worth?
The value of any injury claim depends on the facts of case, including factors such as:
- Severity of injuries. Motorcycle crashes frequently cause serious injuries that result in large medical bills, long recoveries, and tremendous pain and suffering.
- Disabilities. Some motorcycle wrecks have life-altering consequences. Injuries like TBI, spinal cord damage, and amputations can leave riders with lifelong limitations and disabilities that factor into the ultimate value of a claim.
- Medical expenses. Victims can recover medical bills incurred for treatment, surgery, and rehabilitation, as well as future medical expenses they’re likely to incur for serious or permanent injuries. When there are future medical needs, expenses need to be projected accurately.
- Lost wages. Riders who need to recover from injuries may be unable to work. Some may suffer injuries severe enough to limit their ability to perform the line of work or any work at all. Injury claims allow victims to recover both past and future lost income.
- Other losses. Depending on the case, other damages may be available. Examples include compensation for a victim’s pain and suffering, a spouse’s loss of consortium, and punitive damages, which are awarded in cases involving egregious negligence or misconduct.
At The Kalka Law Group, we know that our clients depend on us to help them recover the compensation they need both now and in the future. It’s why we devote tremendous resources to calculating our clients’ damages and projecting future damages. Sometimes, this means working with economists, medical specialists, and other experts who provide testimony to support our claims.
We can help you better understand the damages to which you may be entitled during a consultation.
Examples of Our Results
- $950,000 for a motorcyclist who was injured after being thrown from his bike in an attempt to avoid a collision with an SUV that made a sudden, illegal U-turn.
- $700,000 for a motorcyclist who sustained a broken foot and thumb after being struck by a motorist who failed to yield.
- $450,000 for a motorcyclist who suffered neck, back, and wrist injuries in an auto accident.
- $530,000 settlement for motorcyclist who suffered fractures in his leg and wrists when a motorist failed to yield to oncoming traffic and turned left in front of him.
- $350,000 settlement for a motorcyclist who suffered a fractured vertebra, broken ribs, and an eye injury when a tractor-trailer made a wide right turn over multiple lane.
- $100,000 settlement for a motorcyclist who suffered a fractured femur and other injuries when he was struck by the rear passenger side of an SUV that make an unsafe lane change.
Call For a FREE Consult With a Marietta Motorcycle Accident Attorney: (678) 270-2377
Because motorcycle accidents so often result in serious injuries, insurance companies tend to view these cases as big threats to their bottom line. At The Kalka Law Group, we know how to level the playing field and help clients fight back against insurers that too often put profits over people.
If you have questions about your rights after a motorcycle accident, our Marietta lawyers want to help. Call (678) 270-2377 or contact us online to request a FREE review of your case.
Verdicts & Settlements
$11 Million Rear End Collision
$3.6 Million Drunk Driving Accident
$2.3 Million Failure to Maintain
$2.3 Million Charter Bus Accident With Severe Injuries
$1.9 Million Fatal Truck Accident
“Amazing Law Firm Goes Above and Beyond” - Jeremy
“Amazing Job!!!!” - Angelique Turner
“Amazing Job!!!!” - Angelique Turner
“Every other Lawyer gave me the run around...stop searching. Pick Matthew Broun” - Kristina R
“I am truly lucky, lucky to survive a semi truck and lucky to have found you guys!!” - Kelly Youssef
“Best law firm in Atlanta ” - Kytonia
“Best law firm in Atlanta ” - Kytonia R.
“Very professional attorney's ” - Rodney
“Their preparation was absolutely impeccable. Never have I seen a case handled and prepared for better.” - Wayne Koral
“I would recommend this firm without a doubt; Caroline and her team are very professional.” - Dobson Collins
Nationally Recognized by Legal Organizations
Perfect 10.0 Rating on Avvo
Included in U.S. News - Best Lawyers®
Selected for Inclusion in Super Lawyers®
Millions of Dollars in Settlements Recovered
You Pay Nothing Unless We Win