Marietta Car Accident Lawyer
Representing Wrongfully Injured Drivers
Each day, thousands of car accidents occur across the nation. Some are beyond the driver’s control and occur due to inclement weather conditions or poorly maintained roads, while most others occur due to another driver’s careless or reckless actions.
If you were injured by a negligent driver, a driver who was texting, or a drunk driver, you may be able to take legal action. The same is true if you were in a single-vehicle accident that wasn’t your fault. Come to The Kalka Law Group to explore your legal options after a crash. We handle all sorts of car accident claims, including those filed against an Uber or Lyft driver.
On This Page:
- Classifications of Different Car Accidents
- Injuries Suffered in Car Accidents
- When Should I Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
- What Kind of Compensation is Available from a Car Accident Claim?
- How Much Does a Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
- Hire Top-Rated Car Accident Attorneys in Marietta
- Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
Call (678) 270-2377 or contact us online to speak with a Marietta accident lawyer about what happened. Your initial consultation is free.
Our Marietta car accident attorneys have decades of collective legal experience. During that time, we have seen all sorts of claims involving many different types of auto accidents and traffic collisions. You can depend on us to make the most of your case, no matter the details involved in the crash itself.
Let us know if you were in an accident that involved a:
- Head-on collision: Head-on collisions are one of the most dangerous types of collisions and commonly occur on narrow two-lane highways with no separation between the opposing lanes of traffic. Head-on crashes are usually a result of drivers attempting to pass a slower driver without enough time between oncoming traffic or as a result of one driver attempting to swerve out of the way of an object in the road.
- Vehicle rollover: Generally, rollovers are caused by vehicles making sharp turns at high speeds. SUVs are at a higher-than-average risk due to their higher center of gravity. Rollovers can also be caused by a side-impact collision.
- Side-impact collision: Also known as a “T-Bone” collision, a side-impact collision often occurs when a driver makes an unprotected left turn in front of approaching vehicles. The sides of vehicles offer minimal protection, so the resulting injuries can be severe.
- Rear-end collision: Rear-end collisions are often caused by drivers who follow too close to the vehicle in front of them and can’t brake in time when the front driver stops.
- Single-vehicle accident: Single-vehicle accidents do not involve other vehicles, as the name suggests. Instead, the crash is caused by a vehicle defect, poor road conditions, or inclement weather.
Let us investigate your car accident claim and the injuries that you have suffered. We can work with medical experts to get a full understanding of the injuries and how they will likely impact your day-to-day life and overall health. Only once we have this information can we confidently tally the damages owed to you.
We can help with your case if you suffered one of these serious injuries and others:
- Bone fracture
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Neck and back injury
- Leg injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Third-degree burn
- Arm, shoulder, and joint injuries
- Psychological or emotional trauma
If you've been involved in a car accident, you may be wondering if you should hire an attorney. While you may be able to handle minor accidents on your own, there are certain situations where hiring a lawyer is advisable.
One situation where you should consider hiring a lawyer is if you've suffered serious injuries. Injuries such as broken bones, head trauma, or spinal cord damage can require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation. A lawyer can help you navigate the complex legal and insurance issues that arise in these cases and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
Another situation where you may need a car accident lawyer is if the insurance company is offering a settlement that doesn't cover all of your damages. Insurance companies are in the business of minimizing payouts, and they may try to pressure you into accepting a lowball settlement. An attorney can review your case and negotiate with the insurance company to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Finally, if liability is in question, you may need an attorney to help prove your case. If the other driver denies responsibility for the accident, it can be challenging to prove fault and recover damages. Our team can conduct an investigation, gather evidence, and present a strong case on your behalf in court.
Overall, if you're unsure whether you need a car accident lawyer, it's always a good idea to consult with one. Our firm offers a free initial consultation, so you can discuss the specifics of your case and get advice on your legal options.
We are committed to your physical and financial well-being and would be more than happy to discuss your claim during a free consultation. It is understandable if the first thing you want to talk about is the money that might be owed to you by the negligent driver that caused the crash. Although we will need specific information to estimate the value of your claim upfront, we can still talk about the damages that might be owed to you.
You might be able to demand compensation that helps pay for:
- Medical bills: You shouldn’t have to pay for any of the medical and hospital bills that have accrued since your accident. The full amount should be provided by the liable party and their insurance company.
- Physical therapy: If you require specialized medical care like physical therapy or occupational therapy, then the cost for that care should be covered in your claim as well.
- Ongoing care: Continued medical care and therapies that extend into the future, even years away, should be paid for by the liable party, not you. This amount can be significant if you are seriously injured.
- Lost wages: The income that you lost while unable to work due to your injuries can add to the value of your injury claim. We can also calculate the income you won’t earn in the future if your injury has caused a permanent disability that interrupts your ability to make a gainful income.
- Loss of independence: You can be compensated an amount that reflects the hardships you must now live with after losing your independence to a permanent disability or health complication.
- Pain and suffering: The pain, suffering, and trauma that you have endured as a result of the car accident can be used to calculate a fair amount of non-economic or general damages.
- Loss of a loved one: If you lost a loved one in a fatal car accident, then various unique damages can be added to the value of your claim, such as those relating to lost companionship and around-the-house services that they once provided.
The cost of hiring a car accident lawyer can vary depending on several factors such as:
- The attorney's experience
- The firm’s reputation
- And location.
While some lawyers charge an hourly rate, our attorneys at The Kalka Law Group work on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we don’t secure financial compensation in your name, such as through a settlement or award, you will not be required to pay fees. The contingency fee is typically a percentage of the final settlement or judgment, and it can range from 33% to 40%.
Another factor that can affect the cost is the complexity of the case. Cases involving serious injuries or fatalities may require more time and resources, which can result in higher fees. Additionally, if the case goes to trial, other expenses may be incurred such as hiring an expert witness, and that can add to the overall cost.
It's essential to have a clear understanding of your lawyer's fees and billing practices before hiring them. We offer a free initial consultation, during which we can discuss the case's details and provide clarity on the potential costs of your case. Our goal is to get you the financial recovery you truly deserve, no matter how much that might be or how much the opposition fights back. We will be ready!
At The Kalka Law Group, we have represented countless auto accident injury clients in Marietta and throughout Georgia. Give us a call at (678) 270-2377 if you want to work with an award-winning team that genuinely cares about your future well-being and financial recovery!
We have earned an outstanding reputation and numerous awards, including:
- Named in the Top 100: 2019 Georgia Super Lawyers® List
- Attorneys selected to the list of Georgia's Super Lawyers® for several years in a row
- The Best Lawyers in America for 2016-2019
- Rated 10.0 Superb and voted as a Client's Choice Attorney for Personal Injury on Avvo®
At The Kalka Law Group, we have obtained millions of dollars in compensation for our clients who have suffered terrible injuries due to the reckless actions of other drivers. we believe that you should not have to suffer for the careless mistakes of others, whether you were hit by a truck driver, a drunk driver, or a negligent driver. Our services make it possible for you to receive the kind of monetary and medical help you need following an accident.
We know how to uncover damages that other law firms might miss, so the value of your claim is maximized. We also know how to file against multiple insurance policies, when possible, which is important if the auto insurance policy held by the other driver caps before your damages are fully repaid. Let us fight for every penny owed to you.
Call Now – Ask About the “No Win, No Fees” Guarantee
Get your free consultation with our caring and tenacious accident team today. Services are also available in Spanish.
Verdicts & Settlements
$11 Million Rear End Collision
$3.6 Million Drunk Driving Accident
$2.3 Million Failure to Maintain
$2.3 Million Charter Bus Accident With Severe Injuries
$1.9 Million Fatal Truck Accident
“Amazing Law Firm Goes Above and Beyond” - Jeremy
“Amazing Job!!!!” - Angelique Turner
“Amazing Job!!!!” - Angelique Turner
“Every other Lawyer gave me the run around...stop searching. Pick Matthew Broun” - Kristina R
“I am truly lucky, lucky to survive a semi truck and lucky to have found you guys!!” - Kelly Youssef
“Best law firm in Atlanta ” - Kytonia
“Best law firm in Atlanta ” - Kytonia R.
“Very professional attorney's ” - Rodney
“Their preparation was absolutely impeccable. Never have I seen a case handled and prepared for better.” - Wayne Koral
“I would recommend this firm without a doubt; Caroline and her team are very professional.” - Dobson Collins
Nationally Recognized by Legal Organizations
Perfect 10.0 Rating on Avvo
Included in U.S. News - Best Lawyers®
Selected for Inclusion in Super Lawyers®
Millions of Dollars in Settlements Recovered
You Pay Nothing Unless We Win